The Governor’s Secretariat deals with following matters:
1. All affairs of following Public Sector Universities in Balochistan as per provision in the respective Charter of the Universities:
a) University of Balochistan.
b) Balochistan University of Information Technology & Management Science.
c) Sardar Bahadur Khan Women’s University.
d) Balochistan University of Engineering & Technology, Khuzdar.
e) Lasbela University of Agriculture & Water Management Sciences.
2. Establishment of New Public Sectors Universities in Balochistan.
3. Administrative Secretary of Balochistan Public Service Commission.
4. Processing and disposal of hearing cases of Provincial Ombudsman for the Hon’able Governor as appellant authority to the decision under Section 32 of the Establishment of the Office of Ombudsman for the Province of Balochistan Ordinance 2009.
5. Disposal of official matters pertaining to Provincial Assembly including prorogation and closing of sessions.
6. Disposal of official matters pertaining to High Court including Hon’able Chief Justice and other Justice.
7. Allocation of Governor’s Special Funds and Grant-in-Aid.
8. Processing and disposal of Public grievances.
9. Appointment and creation of Federal Levies’ positions.
10. Processing and disposal of matters pertaining to Federal Government/Ministries, HEC, WAPDA, NHA, Planning Commission and Provincial Departments.
11. Processing and disposal of matters pertaining to Pakistan Red Crescent Society for Hon’able Governor as Provincial President.
12. Processing and disposal of matters pertaining to Balochistan Education Foundation (BEF) and Cadet Colleges for Hon’able Governor being Chairman Board of Directors and Board of Governors respectively including conducting and preparing for the meetings.
13. Preparation of cases/D.O letters to the Hon’able President, respected Prime Minister, Provincial Governors/Chief Ministers and dignitaries of national & international levels.
14. Any other task given by the Hon’able Governor/Chancellor of Public Sector Universities.
15. Financial and Administrative matters of the Governor’s Secretariat.