Quetta Development Authority was established in 1978 by the Government of Balochistan. The jurisdiction of the Authority extends over Quetta Tehsil including Quetta Municipal Corporation limits and all such other areas which the Government may notify from time to time for development purpose with the following Charter / Mandate.
- Establishment of Housing and Commercial schemes.
- Construction of new roads, by passes, parks etc.
- Opening of congested areas.
- Provision of public amenities.
- Preparation, updating & implementation of Quetta Master Plan.
- Exercise Building Control in QDA’s own housing / commercial schemes.
- Execution of schemes entrusted by the Government
- Laying / altering roads / streets.
- Execution of water supply and sewerage works.
- Demolishing / improving / construction of buildings.
The QDA was established to cater the multi dimensional needs of the new Capital and only urban center of Balochistan. The main mission of QDA was to solve Housing requirements, organized planning, master planning, major improvement, decongestion and environment protection. Control over land use and expansion of the City according to the integrated Master Plan. The QDA had played vital role to give urban concept and is only and pioneer organization of its field. The QDA decongested the City by shifting un-desire able land uses, such as shifting of Bus / Truck stand from down Town area to Sirki Road and subsequently to Hazarganji. Opening of City expansion by constructing By-passes which has also very positive effects to decongest the City. QDA has planned equipped with civil amenities, new housing schemes so far QDA executed lot of projects for general and major improvement of the City and also prepared a master plan to give right and planned growth to the City.